autorestart pppd

Hello,
I am running a little server on a xDSL connection.
It worked fine, until I was not able to connect to the server today.
After some examination of the logs, I found this in /var/log/messages:
pppd[90]: No response to 4 echo-requests
pppd[90]: Serial link appears to be disconnected
pppd[90]: Connection terminated.
(blabla)

So it seems that the connection has been lost somehow.
Now my question:
Is it possible that when something like this happens, pppd will
automatically reconnect? In that case, my down time will be minimized
after such resets.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sebastiaan