multiple pages fax

Hello

since recently I am using a debian computer as a fax machine (it works
really good with the mgetty packages). In the same time I am having a
number of problems which I was not able to resolve even with a
reasonable reading effort. Non of them is a death-blow, but overall they
are kind of annoying. Do any of you know:
1) how to glue a multiple paged fax into a single file (It is not fun to
print 50 pages one by one)
2) hiw to translate a multiple paged fax (.g3) into something "more
reasonable"--single ps or something like that.
In fact I am interested in a package which can do the job in the batch
mode.

I have been searching the net and found multiple links to the software
which is either can not be compiled on my debian box or does not seem to
be in development. The mgetty manual tells a lot how to make a g3 file
to send but nearly nothing about the inverse process. Right, there are
references how to print a file to the laser jet, but what if I want to
store my faxes in a kind of archive and want to be able to view them in
a good viwer?

Hence, the problem is to find not just a reference to a prog on the Net,
but to find a solution which actually works. Does anybody have an
working solution "to share"?

thanks a lot

--
Peter O. Fedichev (Ph.D.)