Re: konquerer won't run ...

I just did this last night for the purpose of promoting debian to my gf.

To do so, they say to add
deb http://kde.tdyc.com potato main crypto optional qt1apps
or the miror
deb http://kde.rap.ucar.edu potato main crypto optional qt1apps

to your /etc/apt/source.list---but I needed to append /debian to the URL,
and didn't use the words crypto, optional, or qa1apps (but never tried
either).

After that, apt-get update, then I believe I did
apt-get install kdebase konqueror konsole

and startx startkde
after terminating xdm.  The new KDE is pretty and crisp, but I really like
wmaker.

note, this is as I recall so there may be a few tweaks or such
required...check the ftp site for filenames and directory structure.

have fun
rick