Re: Netscape, IMAP and compact folder

Quoting Debian Ghost (debian@ghost.ntelos.net):

> On occasion, when using IMAP, my netscape will fail to compact the folder
> if I've been moving some mail from one place or another.

By this, I take it that you mean rewriting the folder without
the moved/deleted emails.

How busy is this folder? When I change folders with mutt, it often
happens that a new email is being delivered at that moment. Mutt's
reaction is to leave you in the same folder with the newly
delivered mail, which has the advantage that you don't lose your
'delete' flags in that folder. You just have to repeat the
change folders comand.

> I will have to
> restart netscape and move the mail again and then 'compact folder' is this
> a bug with netscape (4.73) or a bug with IMAP on the server? I am
> responsible for IMAP and this local machine, so either way it is my
> problem to fix :)

So what exactly does happen when it fails to compact the folder? Does
it crash? Are you changing folder at that time? Does the change succeed?
Does the folder always contain a very new email whenever you have that
problem? etc.

Cheers,