Re: Laptops for Debian GNU/Linux?

I would say

Avoid toshiba
Dell, and IBM laptops seem to work very well with Linux, and from what i
gather from the catalogs elinux.com sends me it seems the new compaqs
work well with linux.

I have personally setup several dell latitude(not sure what model, but
it had a celeron 400 128MB ram, 12G disk and 14" screen i think) IBM
Thinkpad 600, IBM iseries(dont know what model, had P5-300 64MB 13"
screen), and 2 toshiba sattelites. the toshibas by far were the hardest
and had the worst support. the dells had the best support however the
IBMs i had were quite old(at least a year) so IBM support probably has
improved since.

nate