dselect problem

Hello:

I have a problem with dselect (or was the dependencies involved). I would
use the libesd0-alsa that provides libesd0 and conflicts with libesd0.
That's Ok. I deselect libesd0 and select for install the alsa part. And then
dselect follow the dependencies and displays that gtop and others packages
from Gnome was for removal. When I reselect these packages, dselect
deselects the libesd0-alsa. How can use these library? I have a SondBlaster
Live! and can't use it.

thnx
Javier