Can't see my mouse-pointer

Hi there
I got a new monitor (19" IIyama), and now I'd like to use a default
resolution of 1280x1024 pixels. This works generally, but in this
resolution, I can't see my mouse pointer anymore (It is there, windows
get focused when I move around, but I just don't see where I am). Any
idea?
Ah, I forgot: using KDE 1.2 and XFree86 3.3.6

thanks, joerg

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.