Re: Help: Trouble updating Slink -> Potato

Hi Berthold:
Since no experts have spoken yet, I'll throw some
ideas out. If its' always perl-base giving the
trouble, can you try upgrading or downloading
this first? Sometimes when installing or up-grading
I've had to dpkg -i several times to get everything
working. hth         Dean

Berthold Cogel wrote:

I NEED HELP!!!

Each time I try to update Debian Slink, the process is terminated
because of some problems with the perl packages. The update of perl
fails because perl-base is not configured. It doesn't matter how I update the system. It's the same problem with 'apt-get dist-upgrade', deselect-apt, via Internet or cdrom. After this bug happens, the whole system is in an undefinded state so
that I have to restore my backup.
Is there anybody, who can help?

Thanks in advance

Berthold Cogel