Re: ftp on a non standard port

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 10:09:49PM +0100, Daniel de los Reyes wrote:
> On Jue 30 Nov 2000 22:01, Frederik Vanrenterghem wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Daniel de los Reyes wrote:
> > > I need to set up an ftp server on a non standard port. If I change the
> > > entry in /etc/services I get it to listen in the required port, but my
> > > client ftp sessions from this machine also make their requests to the
> > > non-standard port, so they fail.
> >
> > Just specify the port in the configuration file of your ftpd (eg
> > /etc/proftpd.conf or something). I have done that over here, with no
> > problems.
> I am using wu-ftp and I can't find any place to set the port on config files
> under /etc/wu-ftp.
>
> By the way is there something better than wu-ftp?
Hehe, look at www.proftpd.net and find a very nice ftpd!
Simple config, well documented, very stable!
Hint: Use a CVS checkout (it's stable) cause the rc2 had 2 bugs (which
are important). PASV and chmod won't work.

Cu,
Sven

--
ACHTUNG! Aktuelle e-mail Adresse ist sven@telelev.net
One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind them