Re: nfs problems - read/write, restarting nfs_damon

On Thursday 30 November 2000 13:04, robert_wilhelm_land wrote:
> Keeping temporärly away from NIS I added user "rland" on MINI to group
> "users". On GOOFY user "rland" belongs only to group "users".
>
> After this "rland" on MINI may view the files and do a ls -l, but he
> cannot write to the mounted nfs dir.
>
> Even after rereading you help - I couldn't figure out what I had
> missed.
>
> Would you kindly give me more assistance?

I think the best advice I can give at this point is to carefully read the
mount man page.  There are a lot of options there that may come into play.  I
can't think of which options you might need, but my guess is that you need to
mount that directory with different options related to permissions and/or
users.  The other man pages of interrest might be "exports" for the machine
that is serving the nfs directory.  Maybe the NFS howto would be a good place
to look too.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.