Re: Linking Recursively

Hi John,
I'm currently running Debian Potato 2.2 and not Woody yet. While the lndir
program is close to what I'm looking for, it seams it creates more of a
mirror of the original source (ie. it re-creates all the subdirectories
and links the files back to the original source).

What I need is for all the files in the subdirectories of the original
source to have links created in one directory without all the
subdirectories being created aswell. This way one could either view data
in the original tree where it is organized or they can view ALL the data
files (the new links) in one big directory.

The lndir program on Potato has the following options. Is there an option
in the Woody version to ignore and not create the subdirectories and just
create the links? (sorry but lndir doesnt have a  --version flag :-/ ) It
also appears to be provided by the xlib6g-dev package.. guess it was split
up in Woody.

>From "man lndir"
  LNDIR(1)                                            LNDIR(1)

  NAME
       lndir  -  create  a  shadow directory of symbolic links to
       another directory tree

  SYNOPSIS
       lndir [ -silent ] [ -ignorelinks ] fromdir [ todir ]

Thanks for your help!

-Rob