Re: unzip - again

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 02:28:51PM -0000, Alistair Whittle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using 'apt-get install zip' worked like a charm to install the zip package.
> However, using the 'unzip' variant, the following error occurred: "Package
> unzip has no available version, but exists in the database.   This typically
> means that the package was mentioned in a dependancy, but was never
> uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the sontents of
> sources.list."
>
> I am an NT person, and Linux is completely new to me.   Any ideas?

Go to the ftp mirror.  Dig around for the unzip*.deb package in both
the stable and unstable distributions.  Download it.  Load it manually
with dpkg --install <pkgname>.  It's quicker to do it this way than to
have to change your sources.list entries to point to the new distro,
update the list, install the package, and switch back to your original
config.

Don't worry about having an older or newer unzip package than your
current distribition of Debian.  The package will get upgraded when a
newer version is available.

--
Chad "^chewie, gunnarr" Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>
             http://www.wookimus.net/