Re: unzip - again

On Thursday 30 November 2000 08:28, Alistair Whittle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using 'apt-get install zip' worked like a charm to install the zip package.
> However, using the 'unzip' variant, the following error occurred: "Package
> unzip has no available version, but exists in the database.   This
> typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependancy, but was
> never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the sontents of
> sources.list."

That package is separated out into some section that you don't have in your
sources.list file

For example, I use
deb ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/.1/linux/debian stable main contrib non-free

... this location is not responding to me right now, so I've commented it out
for now.

Do you have all of the sections "main contrib non-free" for your favorite
site(s)?  It might also be in a non-US mirror if it has encryption
capabilities (stupid US encryption laws!).

I have
deb ftp://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian-non-US  stable/non-US main contrib non-free

(I'm also using this for the other debian packages by deleteing "non-US"
fromt he above).

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.