Re: is there a linux clone of solaris ndd

yes i would like to know whether the NIC on the machine i'm currently
using is physically connected i.e. the NIC is getting electrical
signals.  'ifconfig' only tells whether the interface is configured.
i would like to be able to detect network loss that is due to a bad
uplink.  i know that i could look behind the box and see whether the
led is green, but some of the NIC on Ultra10s doesn't have leds.  if
anyone is aware of any programs that does what i need please let me
know.  or if you have any idea how to code such a program you idea is
more than welcome.

thanks