Re: coping with a high-volume mailing list (like this one)?

    >> (Not for newbies, but...) I read all of my mail in Gnus, the singing,
    >> dancing mail- and newsreader for Emacs.  Gnus' view of the world is that
    >> everything (including mail groups, mbox files, IMAP folders, ...)  is a
    >> newsgroup, and reacts accordingly.

    Adam> does it support disconnected mode imap?  that is my one big remaining
    Adam> gripe about pine (and as far as i know mutt's imap support is more
    Adam> primitive then pines still).

You mean downloading messages from IMAP locally?  Yup.  Unfortunately, I found
that its IMAP support (at least when I tried it, a few months back) didn't work
that great with non-INBOX folders.  I don't know if it was a problem with gnus,
or my mail provider (MyRealBox.com), but I assume that if you're downloading
your messages, you won't really care about IMAP folders.

But, like the other guy said, it's not for newbies.  Getting it set up properly
can take a while.  And make sure you read the info file.  And then read it
again, to find out about all the cool features that it has.

Hubert

--
____     |     -----------------------------------------------------------
|  /   --+--
| /   ___|___    Hubert Chan <hackerhue@crosswinds.net>
|        |       K? w--- O++ M- V- PS-- PE+++ Y+ PGP+ t+ 5 X R- tv+ b+
|      / | \     DI++++ D G e++ h! !r !y
|     /  |  \
|        |     <><------------------ http://www.crosswinds.net/~hackerhue/
PGP/GnuPG fingerprint: 6CC5 822D 2E55 494C 81DD  6F2C 6518 54DF 71FD A37F
Key can be found at http://www.crosswinds.net/~hackerhue/hackerhue.asc