Re: ssh error - no controlling tty

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> On 29-Nov-2000 Andrew Hall wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a debian potato system running in a cobalt raq 3.  All is working 100%
> > except ssh.  When I
> > try to ssh from my box to localhost or anywhere else I get the error "You
> > have no controlling tty.
> > Cannot read passphrase"  Please remember that I do not have a physical
> > /dev/tty1 becuase the MB in
> > the cobalt box does not have a keyboard or mouse slot at all.   Thank you in
> > advance for any and all
> > insight you might be able to provide me.
> >

> ssh -t..

Thanks.   But this is not working either.  Here is the wierd thing.  I have sshd running on the
device, and it is working correctly.  I can ssh to the box all day, I just can not ssh out or to
localhost.  Since "ssh -t" is not working what other advice might someone be able to bestow upon
me?  Again thanks in advance.

Andrew