Pcmcia CBEM56G

Hi. There is something very strange (at least for me) in my woody 2.4.0-test11 box. I have a Xircom CBEM56G PCMCIA card and I tried to install it using the kernel PCMCIA drivers.
With cardmgr running, when I insert the card it shows in syslog:

executing: 'modprobe xircom_tulip_cb' (I already commented out all tulip_cb in /etc/pcmcia/config. Also, changed tulip_cb to xircom_tulip_cb int the appropriate entry)
after this, the module loads correctly (irq 11, eth0).
then, shows up:
executing: 'modprobe cb_enabler'
+ modprobe: Can't locate module cb_enabler (Of course. It is compiled in the kernel)
executing: 'modprobe serial_cb'
loads correctly
executing: './network start tulip_cb' (What is this? Shouldn't be ./network start eth0?) ttyS02 at port 0x1480 (irq = 11) is a 16550A (I did excluded irq11 in config.opts... at least, I think so...)
modprobe: Can't locate module tulip_cb
tulip_cb: unknown interface: No such device (should it be eth0?)
+ tulip_cb: error fetching interface information: Device not found.

Does someone knows what is going on?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,

RP