RFP AviFile

Hi,
I'd like to 'promote' AviFile a little. It's the only and original
divx-player for linux. All others are based on its libraries. So the development of
this software (it contains a capture program and some more stuff, too---is
based on qt2.2) is already pretty into stable. RPMs are out already for the
latest 2 Versions and development goes on atm.
So it would be really cool if someone here who knows how to build
deb-packages could take care of this a little or give me broad advicves about how I
could build such a package on my own. You can contact avil-file mailinglist:
avifile@prak.org  or visit the webiste: http://divx.euro.ru/  for further
information.
thx a lot,
Michael