Re: Ok, please tell me how to install a package without the dpkg system

Benj wrote:
> Reading database ... dpkg: error processing php4_4.0.3pl1-4.deb (--install):
>  files list file for package `kernel-image-2.2.17' is missing final newline
>  php4_4.0.3pl1-4.deb
> Processing was halted because there were too many errors.

You seem to have some significant corruption going on in your dpkg
database. The file in question is
/var/lib/dpkg/info/kernel-image-2.2.17.list

Removing the file (or fixing it so it has a final newline) and
reinstalling kernel-image-2.2.17 may fix this.

--
see shy jo