De-selecting tasks?

Hello, all.  I have a basic ( I hope) question on the
'task's that are available in Debian.  Doing an 'apt-get
install task-kde' installs KDE2 and all the dependencies
(provided the sources.list is set up).  But 'apt-get remove
task-kde' seems to just remove the relatively small package
'task-kde', not all the packages installed by the task,
which is what I want it to do.

Is there a simple way of doing this?  I read thru the
apt-get man page; but it's entirely possible I may have
missed something.  If it's in a specific man page, please
let me know.

TIA,

Monte