Re: NIC install - found driver, need to compile(?)

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 11:49:48AM -0500, urbanyon wrote:

> > What makes you sure about that? Did you try to load 3c59x? What
> > happened?
>
> well, somebody told me ;-).

Do I need to comment this?

> how do i try to load 3c59x?  modconf?  keep in mind i'm new at this (but i
> do follow instructions well).

Actually I described it in my mail.
You can load modules by the command "modprobe" or "insmod". The
man-pages should tell you more. A simple "modprobe 3c59x" should work
if the module has been compiled. Just try it.

BTW: Please write below the qouted stuff, just qoute the relevant
stuff and don't CC me for I am reading the list.

I can see Karsten grinning ;)
Phil