Re: XFree86 + NV_GLX

I don't mind most of the logic of this, but I must say the following:

(1) I dont use "NVdriver" in X, I use "nvidia" instead of "nv".
(2) Removing the libGLcore.a causes the GLcore module to not load, and the
only way to fix this is to reinstall xserver-xfree86. This does cause some
undefined symbols in my X load, but not ones which stop the server from
(3) Removing all trace of MESA is causing fun, because packages depend on
mesag3, and it seems that any update of these overwrites the NV-installed
GLX.

Am I off the beaten track?

Cheers,
 Corey J. Popelier