Can't start X after upgrade

     After upgrading X to 4.0.1-7 yesterday, I get the following when
I try to start X:

bob:vc-11:bob>startx

var: allowed_users, value: rootonly.
var: nice_value, value: .
/etc/X11/X is not executable
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.
bob:vc-11:bob>

     /etc/X11/X was a symlink to XF86_SVGA. Following the advice that
was recently posted on the -devel list, I changed that link to:

ln -s /usr/bin/X11/XFree86 /etc/X11/X

     After making that symlink, I get the same error message as
before.

     Please Cc: me on any replies.

Bob
--