Re: startx problem - one step closer

Thanks to Jaume for the very helpful reply.

After following the suggestion listed below I am now able to bring up a graphical display,
but it is only an "x"(mouse cursor) on top of a coarse gray back ground.  I am not sure,
but I think I still may need to specify which Window Manager to use.  Am I on the right
track?  If so, how do I tell X which window manager to bring up by default.

Thanks again for your help

Dave Bacon