startx problem

Hello,

I have just upgraded quite a few packages with dselect.  And now when I
run "startx" I receive the following error messages.  Can you help?

var: allowed_users, value: rootonly
var: nice_value, value: .
/etc/X11/X is not executable
giving up
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

startx worked just fine until the upgrade.

Thank you for your help.

                              Dave G. Bacon
                        Computer Network Manager
                    Outagamie Waupaca Library System