Re: fetchmail not communicating with exim.

* Phil Brutsche <pbrutsch@tux.creighton.edu> [241100 09:16]:

> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>
> > I'm working on it.  Just recompiled my kernel the other day to support
> > firewalling but haven't had time to work on the iptables and other
> > configuration issues.
>
> I find it easier to configure exim to listen only on 127.0.0.1 (with the
> "local_interfaces" setting) - it's all fetchmail needs - than fudge with
> firewalling.
>
> Much cleaner that way, I think.  But that's just me :)

Good suggestion.  I'll look into that.  Thanks.

> > @home is way too broad in their description of "server".  I understand
> > that their intent is to limit bandwidth since it is a shared resource
> > but their one-size-fits-all policy is ridiculous.
>
> Tell me about it.  Why doesn't anyone consider special cases like
> hobbyists any more?  I would willingly pay a small premium to be able to
> run "servers" as a private person.
>
> > They would not go for it.  They were especially not helpful after I, point
> > blank, told them that their policy only served to conserve bandwidth for
> > use by teenagers pirating software, stolen music and porn.  Hmmm...maybe
> > I shouldn't have told them that, huh?  :)
>
> :)
>
> Back to your problem with fetchmail: would it help to see a working
> config?

I realize you are trying to be helpful but...I don't have a problem with my
mail configuration.  We've kind of taken a side trip off the main thread.
The person with the mail problems is John-Mark <jmj@event-horizon.org>, the
guy who started the main thread that lead us here.  :)

But thanks anyways!

rob.jacobs <r.a.jacobs@home.com>