Re: simple network card setup (netgear 10/100 tulip)

HI Jeff,
I've got the same card and for me it worked right out of the box.  I guess that
doesn't help, but:

If you think the CD you have is bad look at the checksums (md5sum I think).

Try a clean install and don't do anything to the modules when prompted (I left them
alone and it worked).

There shouldn't be an eth0.  The pcmcia stuff (sorry I forget which stuff but read
the how-to) takes care of brining up an interface when needed.  There shouldn't be an
eth0 because this would confuse the system.

Hope at least some of this was helpful,
Andy