configure the date

    Manuel> I have to set the time but I didn't get it, I read the mans and docus,
    Manuel> but it won't work. Can anyon tell me what to do to just change the
    Manuel> time?

    The long of it: if you have info(1) installed, I strongly
recommend you read the date(1) Info manual. The short of it: to set
you system date to 16:09:35, 23rd November 2000, do:

    # date 112316092000.35

cheers,

--
Allan F. Caetano
Universo On Line - EngProd - F: (11) 224 4418

"Who is this peer that keeps resetting my connection?
 I have a broken pipe I wanna hit him with!"