Re: good sound cards?

    Kevin> Hello, I am adding sound to my debian machine and have had
    Kevin> bad luck so far*.  Could those of you fine list subscribers
    Kevin> that have had a positive, enriching experience with
    Kevin> installing and using your sound card on your GNU/Linux
    Kevin> machine please send me the name of your sound card. Also,
    Kevin> if you don't mind, please let me know roughly what it cost
    Kevin> you.

I had the good fortune of testing sound cards with Linux as part of my
job this summer.  The best value sound card that I found was an
Ensoniq es1371.  It's cheap and it works well (and it has a nice big
memory area, but you probably don't care about that).

I might have gotten the name slightly wrong -- I think es1371 is
actually the name of the chipset.

Cheers,
Chris

--