Re: how to keep portmap from running?

well, the thing is that /etc/init.d/portmap doesn't get run.  symlinks to it
from within the rc.\.d directories do.  i guess i could just blow away the
portmap script, and that might do it once and for all.  but it's wierd how
the thing gets run but isn't mentioned in the rc directories.

there was no symlink to /etc/init.d/portmap from /etc/rc2.d, and no mention
of portmap or rpc in /etc/inetd.conf

a mystery...

portmap is a wierd thing for debian to force on people.  i notice it's in
the netbase package, which i'm not going to uninstall any time soon...

pete