Re: apache, perl, 403 forbidden, help?

Herbert,

A few things to check:

1. Remove the quotes in your Directory statement, i.e. <Directory />
instead of <Directory "/">.

2. Make sure the directory you are trying to execute cgis in is under your
DocmentRoot if you're using a <Directory /> statement. If what you want is
to serve pages and execute cgis from your user directory (typically
outside the DocumentRoot), then read up on the UserDir directive in the
apache docs.

3. Check your access.conf file to make sure there isn't already some
directives configured for the path your directory is in. The default
configuration in Debian has something for public_html that you may need to
edit.

4. Be sure to restart the server after making changes.

HTH,

Ernest Johanson
Web Systems Administrator
Fuller Theological Seminary