Re: create a update-media?

M G Berberich <berberic@forwiss.uni-passau.de> writes:

> I want to make a CD/MO that contains all the packages that I have
> installed on my system, but are not on my potato-debian-CD's. E.g. all
> the updated packages. I would like to use this CD/MO as another source
> for apt/dselect.

Try apt-move or apt-zip:

$ apt-cache show apt-move
Package: apt-move
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 160
Maintainer: Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 4.1.12
Depends: awk, bc (>= 1.05a-6), dpkg-dev (>= 1.4.1.6), debianutils (>= 1.13.1), libapt-pkg2.7, libc6 (>= 2.1.94), libstdc++2.10, libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2
Recommends: apt
Filename: dists/woody/main/binary-i386/admin/apt-move_4.1.12.deb
Size: 36006
MD5sum: 05df92bcfa42988540a99f7cfa35a11b
 apt-move is used to move a collection of Debian package files into a
 proper archive hierarchy of the form debian/dists/...  It is intended
 as a tool to help manage the apt-get(8) file cache, but could be
 configured to work with any collection of Debian packages.
 .
 Running apt-move periodically will assist in managing the resulting
 partial mirror by optionally removing obsolete packages, and creating
 valid local Packages.gz files.  It can also optionally employ rsync(1)
 to build a partial or complete local mirror of a Debian binary
 distribution (including an ``installed-packages only'' mirror).

$ apt-cache show apt-zip
Package: apt-zip
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 104
Maintainer: Santi Bejar <tiarda@yahoo.es>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.12.1
Depends: apt (>= 0.3.10)
Filename: dists/woody/main/binary-all/admin/apt-zip_0.12.1.deb
Size: 14358
MD5sum: 8fcedc5f5200ad02ca0450a29e175c33
 These scripts simplify the process of using dselect and apt on a
 non-networked Debian box, using removable media like ZIP floppies.
 One generates a `fetch' script (supporting backends such as wget and
 lftp, in a modular, extensible way) to be run on a host with better
 connectivity, check space constraints of your removable media, and
 then install the package on your Debian box.
 .
 Note on current version: space-checking is not done and spanning
 multiple disks is not yet supported.

Greetings,
joachim