Re: what fax software do you suggest?

I wonder if he's asking about its ability to act as a daemon?

Efax Can be set up using getty, in standby mode, through initd.  The docs
with efax do a reasonable job of describing the line you add to the conf
file for this.  Efax then sits around waiting for the phone to ring.
Local/remote (network) faxing can be done though its use as a print filter
in printcap.

I want to go back to it (noticed someone else mentioned unstable fixing a
USRobotics problem, which I seemed to have while using it).  Hylafax has not
worked properly for me yet.

Kenward