Re: Couple of questions from a recent convert

"Willy" == Willy Lee <willy2@jps.net> writes:

> "Robert" == Robert A Jacobs <r.a.jacobs@home.com> writes:
>> Following compilation, the following modules should be available in
>> the "misc" category when executing "modconf":

>> adlib_card awe_wave opl3 sb sound soundcore soundlow uart401

> Now this is very interesting.  When I run 'modconf', everything
> mentioned above shows up, except 'soundcore'!  I wonder if this is
> the reason why everything looks ok in /dev/sndstat with the
> exception of "Installed drivers" and "Card config"?

> Ok, I'm recompiling the kernel as I type this.  Hopefully soundcore
> will be available in modconf after it's done and a reboot.

> =wl

Ok, after recompiling and rebooting, yes, soundcore did show up in
modconf.  And no, it still doesn't make any sound.  And /proc/sound
still looks great with the exception of the absence of anything at all
under "Installed drivers" and "Card config".

I made the experiment of installing 'sndconfig' from unstable.  I
remember using it on a RH 6.0 install.  It seems to basically do
everything I already did, to no improvement.

I've been searching the debian-user archives.  Haven't found a fix
yet.  May just give up on sound.

=wl

--
Albert ``Willy'' Lee, Emacs user, game programmer
"They call me CRAZY - just because I DARE to DREAM of a RACE of