Re: Question about shortcuts

Brian Kallinen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a question about about using shortcuts under Debian (kern
> 2.2) running Gnome desktop under Sawfish.  At the present time, I have
> shortcut icons for my applications in the bottom panel, but I was
> wondering how to setup up a key shortcut for the same applications, e.g.,
> mapping a function key (like F2) to launch an app, say Netscape.

I don't know if this is the more elegant solution, but you can try binding the F12
key in the "Global" context with "Run shell command your_command". In this case i
will place this "/usr/bin/gnome-moz-remote --newwin about:" to open a blank Navigator
window ...

You can set this with the gnome control center ("Shortcuts") or the Sawfish
configurator ("Bindings").

Andrea