help on linux

I bought a Linux CD containing Red Hat Linux 5.2. I like Linux & therefore decided to install it. I ran fips & a new partition was created. Then as mentioned in the mannual I rebooted the system with the Linux boot disk inside, it started the process. But for some reason I had to go out so I aborted it. The next time I tried doing it nothing happened, it straight went into windows. I tried this a number of times, but still nothing happened. Then I tried rebooting with Windows 98 Startup disk, still it normally went into windows. What could be the problem?