Re: Problems with Matrox G400 AGP

I have the same card with a 750 Duron (KT7-RAID m/b) and started having the
similar problems (hard lock, no virtual console, no ctrl-alt-delete, black
screen, etc) but only within the last few days. Everything was working
beautifully under XFree 4, even under high resolutions and medium graphic
intensive programs, until I updated my packages a few days ago. I'm assuming
that something broke with the mga drivers and hoping that it will be fixed
soon. There has been a lot of activity with woody debs with regards to X
stuff, so we'll just have to wait and see. However, that doesn't explain why
it won't work under 3.3.6 for you, because I ran it for about a month with
no problems on that.

Thinking maybe I should go get the latest driver from off their website.

Charles Lewis
lewisc@delta.swau.edu