Re: Create an Installation CD from /var../archives

In a galaxy not too far away, Robfrank spoke on Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 12:58:30AM +0000:
> I would like to create an instalation CD from my archived packages in
> /var/cache/apt/archives.
>
> What I have tried is to create a bootable CD with the 2.88mb recue.bin and
> include a directory of all of my .debs and base_2.2.tgz. It boots into the
> installer fine, but it breaks when it asks for kernel and modules.
>
> How can I get the installer to install the kernel from the bootable CD and
> then install drivers?
>
> My installation was done, initially about a year and a half ago, by modem with
> floppies and dselect. There has got to be a way to restore or recreate a system by
> CD. I have tried and searched and you guys are my last resort.

have you tried the package debian-cd? its normally used to make full installation
cds from a mirror, but AFAIK it allows you to select the packages that go on the
cds (via selecting tasks, i'm only using COMPLETE=1). maybe you can use it for
your purposes.

i know that's not much, but possibly it points you in the right direction.

greets,
/stefan.