Create an Installation CD from /var../archives

I would like to create an instalation CD from my archived packages in
/var/cache/apt/archives.

What I have tried is to create a bootable CD with the 2.88mb recue.bin and
include a directory of all of my .debs and base_2.2.tgz. It boots into the
installer fine, but it breaks when it asks for kernel and modules.

How can I get the installer to install the kernel from the bootable CD and
then install drivers?

My installation was done, initially about a year and a half ago, by modem with
floppies and dselect. There has got to be a way to restore or recreate a system by
CD. I have tried and searched and you guys are my last resort.

Robert Frank

--
Some changes are so slow, you don't notice them.  Others are so fast,
they don't notice you.