VALinux box -> NT4 -> Debian emergency!

Hi.
I've an urgent question, and I'd be most grateful if anyone with an answer
or advice would reply to me directly, as I only receive the digest for the
debian-user list.

I'm trying to propel my office which currently uses NT4 servers to serve
Mac workstations, to Linux servers. We need a new box and I've contacted
VALinux in the UK to spec one of these out. We have to have a box by the
end of next week!

A small complication as that we need to practise installing NT4 onto the
new server as we have a completely new IT support department who don't have
much experience in this area. I'd like to get the VALinux box, possibly
take out the hard drive/s and put in a temporary hd, install NT4, then put
back the Linux hard disks and reinstall lilo.

I'm very inexperienced with lilo, mbrs etc. I'd be grateful for any
comments on the feasibility and likely problems of the procedure I've
outline above.

Thanks for any help
Rory
--