isdn timeout

hello!

i'm using potato and a normal isdn installation.
i get disconnected when i'm idle for about 2 minutes.
this is really annoying, cause sometimes i have problems to connect to my
provider and i don't want to wait 5 minutes for a connection, just to get
disconnected 2 minutes later.. also it makes instant messaging almost
impossible. i was really pleased by the debian isdn installation (it went
smooth and works fine) but this one isn't really nice. can anybody tell me,
what exactly has to be changed?
i changed the values "idle" and "holdoff" in ippd.ippp0 both to 9999999999 or
0, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. what's going wrong?

-daniel