Re: fetchnews running automatically?

> > does fetchnews install some cron/anacron/etc. script which makes it
> > fetch news automatically? I have created a crontab entry which runs
> > fetchnews every 4 hours, but it seems to me like it is run more often
> > that every 4 hours...

If you mean the fetchnews from Leafnode, then if you have selected a PPP
network connection it will be run every time you dial in.  If you select
a permanent network connection it will run from cron.daily.  Otherwise
it shouldn't run automatically unless you set up a cron job or something.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/