Re: Dependency problems

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Casey Henderson wrote:

> So I can't do the upgrade because I have "unmet dependencies" and I
> can't fix the dependencies due to the above errors! It's like a
> circular problem.  I thought Debian was supposed to handle all

I encountered the same problem yesterday. Try going to
/var/cache/apt/archives or something (don't remember the exact location),
where apt keeps its downloaded .debs.

>From in there, I did dpkg -i --force-depends --force-overwrite
the_debs_in_question. This worked.

On a side note, I've been having a lot of these problems ever since the
upgrade of dpkg. For instance, apt-get doesn't install packages that
contain files or documents included in other packages too. Before, this
did happen (mentioning something about force-overwrite being automatically
selected). Is it possible to get apt-get to do this again?

--

War doesn't prove who's right, just who's left.