network configuration scripts

   I have my debian linux box setup as a masqing gateway for the rest of
the computers in the house.  The problem is, I did it by hand and have not
rebooted since, because i could not figure out where i should put the
commands =).  Should they go in /etc/init.d/networking, or some local init
file. Also has the structure of the network startup changed, because all
of the documentation i have found refers to paths or files, that are not
the same as the ones i have....At anyrate if any one knows the source of
any detailed/current documentation on the way debian runs startup files,
network configuration, or just has an answer to my question please
reply...thanks...oh yeah...i am running potato..

	.oO Keegan Prendergast Oo.