X 4.0.1 & i810

Hello,

I have installed XFree86 4.0.1 on a system with Matsonic MS7012D board
with Intel i810 on board.  Pentium III 550 Mhz, 128 Mb Sdram. XFree86
4.0.1 was installed with apt-get from the debs in Woody. Dexter produces
XF86Config-4 (attached), and XFree86 loads after commenting out the
fontpath line with "unix/:7100".  It comes up with 3 or 4 green xterms
(one just a corner with a clock) and everything is frozen.  No keyboard,
does not exit with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.  The log file is attached as
"XFree-dexter.log". I am running Storm Hail with kernel 2.4-test 10.  At
this point I am completely lost as to what is happening.  Please help!

TIA.

Jim