RE: Genius 3-button mouse problem

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Knotek Vlastimil wrote:
(snip)
> It's a standart serial mouse. I've tried run both gmpconfig and XF86Setup,
> and I've tried to
> switch between all options, but my mouse still doesn't work. :o(
> Any ideas ? Thanks.

I wasted hours with gpmconfig at one time - because it starts gpm after
'working', I assumed it stopped it beforehand, but apparently not - and if
one's running beforehand, the configuration change doesn't happen and you
think your actually-correct settings are ineffective.

You're probably not daft enough to make the same mistake, but I thought
I'd better mention this just in case the same problem's biting you.

-- Mark