Re: virtual ips

> Hi,
>
> I changed from SuSe Linux to debian. How and where do I enter virtual ip as
> like eth0:1, eth0:1...

Dunno what the official place would be to set that up, if there is one, it
would probably be /etc/network/interfaces or something.

what used to be the way was putting it in:
/etc/init.d/network

It's just a shell script that sets up all networking stuff:

ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.3 netmask 255.255.255.224 broadcast 10.0.0.255
ifconfig eth0:0 10.0.0.2

or something (these numbers are not even thought about, pretty much
random !).