Quick Q: Kernel compiling gcc295/gcc272?

Hi,

I recently compiled my kernel. However, reading through the docs that came
with gcc it says clearly that compiling the kernel should be done with
gcc272 and not gcc295. I had gcc295 loaded by tasksel and the fine print
said not to worry if you had gcc295 because if you used the kernel-pacage it
called on gcc272 by itself.

Q: Looking at my package list I don't see gcc272 on it. Am I in trouble for
having run this on gcc295 even with the kernel-package? Or did in fact use
gcc273 somehow, as it stated, and it's not listed?

I'm sort of worried here now..

Thanks,

Jonathan.