Re: Postscript printers

It depends on what you mean by "true postscript".

Yes, the 2100M is a PostScript printer, but uses a HP-developed
emulation rather than Adobe firmware.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/suggested.html recommends a few low-priced
PS printers.  Based upon that I recently purchased a Lexmark Optra E312
which does both PS and PCL6 and is quite a bit less expensive than the
HP 2100M.  I paid less than $400 including shipping and am very
satisfied with this unit.  I edited the magicfilter ps600-filter
so that it would accept PJL input.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen