Re: WARNING - Virus infected messages on list

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 10:57:10PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ethan Benson wrote:
> > I hearby propose that the list automatically reject all postings that
> > appear to have been sent using MS Outlook.   this way this garbage
> > won't happen each and every time ya new Outlook worm comes out.
>
> Please bear in mind that this list is for debian users, and that
> includes debian users who have not managed to set up ppp + sendmail +
> mutt yet and need some help doing so. Often such folks only have one way
> to get mail out.

Of course, i didn't say we should ban all mail appearing to come from
a windows box, rather ban all mail coming from MS Outlook.  there are
other MUA/Mail clients for windows that are not so braindamaged and
vulnerable to this crap.   not all of them cost money either, Eudora
lite comes to mind.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/